The SPARK Art Show will showcase the talents of local and emerging artists and also include Larkspur-Corte Madera School District students. Aimed at highlighting the importance of visual arts education in and out of the classroom, this community art event will kick off with an opening reception on the evening of February 7th and runs through February 12th.
We welcome submissions of all 2D media. Details and key information is listed below. To register & submit art, click the registration/apply button in the top left corner.
KEY DATES & DEADLINES
- Art submission: December 10, 2019 - January 20, 2020
- Juried art notification: January 27
- Art intake: February 2nd, 12-3pm & 3rd 10am-1pm
- Opening night: February 7, 5:30-8:30pm
- Open: February 8-12, 12-5pm
- Location: Town Center, #325, Corte Madera
- Art outtake: February 13, 10am-2pm
ELIGIBILITY & FEES
- Professional Submission: 19 years and up
- Student Submission: 5-18 years
- Eligible media: 2D painting & drawing all media, mixed media, printmaking & photography
- Students 5-18: $10 for up to two entries received by 1/20/2020
- Adults: $35 for up to two entries received by 1/20/2020
- Late Entry: $45 for up to two entries received after 1/20/2020 and before 1/27/2020
- LCMSD District educators and administrators are free.
ENTRY GUIDELINES & INSTRUCTIONS
- Once you are registered via this site you will receive access to submit art work. The submission needs to include a digital image of each entry in jpeg format, no less than 500K and not to exceed 2MB. The name of the digital file should be artist last name-title. (e.g: Smith-BeachSunset)
- Selected artwork must be delivered and labeled on the back with artist name, title of art, sale price, contact phone and email and include wire hanging. If the piece is fully donated, please indicate also.
- All artwork needs to be ready for hanging. For professional pieces, if unframed (canvas), sides need to be cleanly finished or painted. D-rings should be used for heavy works, wires for works under 5lbs. Drawings, prints, watercolors and pastels on paper must be under plexiglass. However, student entries do not need to be framed or under plexiglass.
- Professional entries cannot exceed 36” in any direction or 18”x24” for student art and cannot weigh more than 30 lbs.
- Click here for a tutorial video
JURY PROCESS FOR PROFESSIONAL ART
- Professional artwork will be juried in digital format. One digital image per entry.
- Selection notification will be emailed by January 20.
- Adult first, second and third place
- Awards of merit for emerging professional artists
- Professional entries to be marked and priced for sale and indicate if fully donated. For pieces sold, a 30% commission shall be donated to SPARK. All payments for art will be processed directly with the artist. Artist’s preferred payment method(s) such as Venmo or PayPal accounts must be provided in the registration form.
- Student art will be listed for sale at $25 and is considered a donation. If a student artist does not wish to sell the piece, please indicate NFS on the label.
- For more information related to submission or to answer submission questions please email email@example.com
- All art work will remain at the show through February 12. Purchased and unsold art can be picked up from 5-7 pm on February 12 or 10am-2pm on February 13.
- Works not picked up may be subject to a fee for removal. SPARK is not responsible for damage or misplacement after the show closes.
USE OF IMAGES
- Any image submitted may be used for marketing or promotional purposes directly related to this show and may include printed materials, advertisements or electronic media.
- Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
- Although reasonable efforts will be undertaken to safeguard exhibitors’ property against loss, damage or theft, SPARK will not be responsible for any loss, damage or theft of exhibitors’ property brought on the premises during the period of the SPARK Art Show. Every precaution will be taken in the handling and exhibiting of work however, the unsold works must be picked up during the Art Outtake. Exhibits not claimed three days after Art Outtake will be donated or discarded. It is up to the discretion of the artist if they wish to procure insurance for their individual work.
- By submitting your artwork, you are agreeing to the terms noted throughout this registration & submission with SPARK.
Founded in 1980 by a group of concerned parents, the Larkspur-Corte Madera Schools Foundation (SPARK) raises money to support programs are at risk due to ongoing budget cuts for three schools Neil Cummins, Hall, and The Cove. SPARK is a registered 501(c) (3) non profit. Tax ID: 94-2934350